Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sephora

Well, it's a fairly nice warm day today, not as humid as the past few. I did a little bit of shopping today, mainly to find a birthday present for a friend. Thinking of shopping reminded me, I hadn't yet posted an entry on Sephora.

Oh, SEPHORA! I love that place. [Honestly, I could live there. No joke. hehe.] It's like all your favorite department store beauty product counters plus fragrance counters all rolled into one. Okay so they don't REALLY have every brand, but they do carry most of the most popular/in demand brands, pretty much what is in most department stores, and even hard to find brands. (For instance, if you saw it in a women's magazine and want to try it, look for it at Sephora and you will often find they are carrying it.) It is a one stop shop and I find myself spending hours there just to pick up one item. I always end up browsing all the other things even when I've made well intentioned plans to just pick up what I'm out of and leave. I also love that they aren't everywhere. There isn't one in my city but it is in a local city and isnt very far from my home, maybe 1-3 miles at most. I really DETEST when corporations saturate the market-like Starbucks and McDonalds. UGH. One on every street corner is extremely excessive.

You can find a wide array of fragrances that you would have to stop at several different counters to peruse if you were in a traditional department store-with each counter's sales rep trying to get you to purchase from their brand before you walk away. At Sephora, they are not vested in a particular brand, so you can peruse to your heart's content. As for cosmetics, I purchase brands like Fresh, Philosophy, Bare Minerals, Boscia, Shiseido, and Urban Decay there. Some of the brands at Sephora are not department store brands and are brands that often operate stand alone stores, so that is another plus that you don't need to go to their own store if it's only one item you need and not several from their collections. I've found the sales women are very helpful and I've used their help on more than one occasion to narrow down my choices between several brands I was on the hedge about. I've asked them to apply Bare Minerals on me before I purchased it the first time, I've asked them to recommend a non-heavy eye treatment and gone home with a Boscia one I love, and I was turned onto Fresh's lip gloss when I asked them to pull non-sticky lip glosses for me to try on.

Check out the store for yourself if you're in the vicinity! (They are also online at : Sephora.com.)

Tata for now!


sincerely yours,


rOsE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a very cute, informative blog! very useful tips.. good job :)