Friday, August 1, 2008

Lip Balms: Natural Beeswax, Passion Fruit Nectar, Raspberry Softlips

Hello again! Welcome back to my blog. Today, I would like to discuss a few of my favorite lip balms. There are certainly a lot of lip balms on the market. My criteria include organic content, beneficial additives, scent, feel, and petrolatum content. My top three favorites in no particular order are Natural Beeswax Lip Balm by Burt's Bees, Passion Fruit Nectar Lip Balm by Alba Botanica, and Raspberry Softlips Lip Balm by The Mentholatum Co.

Two of the three are made with a high "natural" content while the Softlips contains white petrolatum. I like that the Alba Botanica and Burt's Bees versions do not contain petrolatum. The Softlips version does, however it also has an spf 20 rating plus added green tea extracts. Green tea is high in antioxidants and the raspberry scent is also pleasant. The Passion Fruit definitely has my favorite scent-an intoxicating tropical fruit scent-and is made with 100% Vegetarian ingredients. The Beeswax version has a touch of peppermint so it is minty in smell and tingly cool when applied. I love how, except for the Beeswax, they feel non-sticky and sheer, unwaxy. The Beeswax is a tad waxy of course but unsticky (because it also includes plant based emollient oils) and I love that it has 95.29% natural ingredients. I don't prefer Chapstick brand because it is very waxy and made with petrolatum. Some say petrolatum is carcinogenic but the information is not conclusive. (So stick to the non petrolatum if this bothers you.) I hate sticky lip products and all three feel great on when applied! So try them and banish those dry lips in favor of supple softness! (Also try Terratints tinted lip balm! Also made by Alba Botanica)

lip balms

sincerely yours,

rOsE

No comments: