Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ped Egg Foot File

The latest and greatest, "Only Seen on TV!" product is the Ped Egg Professional Foot File. I must say I do own one. I had been contemplating purchasing one for a while, after having seen it in a drugstore and recognizing it from its tv ads. (A great way to try tv products is to buy them from your local drugstore because many of them carry these products now, so no need to pay shipping!) I was wary to try it, but I came across an article about the product and some people who appeared in its ads. Many online news outlets now allow comments below articles. Below the article I read, I found a surprising number of women commenting on how much they loved the product. So that convinced me. I bought it at CVS pharmacy and even used a store savings coupon. So the $9.99 price plus tax with $1.00 off left me paying less than $10.00.

Compared to pumice stones, which can be relatively effective if you have only slightly rough feet, it was worlds apart. Pumice stones are effective to some degree if used often but for severely dry chapped feet and calluses, it doesn't really show much visible results and skin soon appears as dry as before. The micro plane file of the Ped Egg - which resembles newer type micro plane food zester/graters- is quite sharp but safe if used correctly, giving phenomenal results like you have never seen with other similar products on the market targeting the same uses. I say "same uses" because in terms of saying similar product, there isn't a similar product like the Ped Egg right now, widely available to the public. Follow instructions carefully, as misuse can cause pain by overly thinning the skin. Moisturize well. As embarrassing as this is to admit, I have severe dry rough cracked heels because I rarely wear socks or closed shoes. (Detest them.) Although the men I've dated say I have very soft skin, I have always been embarrassed about having my feet seen, knowing that its hard for me to prevent dry heels when I wear flip flops so often. Now I've finally found the solution. Sure, I've tried the moisture socks w/ the foot creams, rich lotions, ointments etc. The Ped Egg can give you improved feet in as little as two weeks! (From personal use, I can tell you that the removal/exfoliation of all that dead skin isn't safe to do more often than once every 1/2 to one week. If you aren't careful you can shave your skin raw. You won't though with proper use, so best results will be seen after 2-4 uses on severe cases.) Be sure to use the buffing side too, to smooth it further. Look for it in drugstores like CVS or discount stores like Target. Also look for it in those "As Seen On TV" stores springing up in malls. By the way, its ergonomic shape really is comfortable too! I also recommend using one of my favorite foot creams afterwards, Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme. [to be reviewed in a future post.]


sincerely yours,

rOsE

No comments: